Registration of Documents
Will - Special
deciding to purchase a property, ascertain the transactions
effected in respect of the property proposed to be purchased
by getting the encumbrance certificate. Apply online and get
EC at door step.
the value of the property from this site through Guideline
are available free of cost. You can also download the
You can also apply online for EC and get it delivered
at your door step.
full particulars of the property in the application with the
legal opinion as to the title of the property and the
genuineness of the seller.
E.C. Application fee:
Search Fee for the I year
Search fee for every additional year Rs. 5/-
Fees in Computerised period ie from 1987
EC in Non Computerization period
the required fee
list of stamp vendors licensed to vend stamps are given in
are licensed to sell stamps for the face value.
for the sale is paid to them by the Government.
extra demand is made, he is liable for criminal prosecution
under the Act, besides getting his license cancelled.
papers are also sold by the Sub Registrars, Treasuries, and
Superintendent of Stamps, Chennai
duty may also be paid by Demand Draft / Cash with the
In Chennai zone e-stamping has been introduced.
Non_Judicial Stamp papers are also available in "Stamp Sales Depot"
at the following location
STAMP SALES COUNTER
DEPUTY INSPECTOR GENERAL OF REGISTRATION
27,RAJAJI SALAI, CHENNAI 600001
PHONE : 044-25226547
OF DEEDS ONLY BY
- Executants of the document if they use Model Deeds available on the Registration Website
- Licenced Document Writers.
- Chartered Accountants having Document Writing License
- Fees for drafting / copying various kinds of
deeds by the licenced writers is prescribed by the
- Demand receipt for all the fees paid
WHEN TO BE PRESENTED FOR REGISTRATION ?
FOUR Months from the date of execution
District Registrar may condone delay of four months with
time limit for Wills executed
Fine for delay condonation
upto 1 week -
25% of the registration fee
upto one month -
75% of the registration fee
upto 4 month -
100% of the registration fee
This is in addition to the required registration fees
TO BE PRESENTED FOR REGISTRATION ?
relating to properties situated in Tamil Nadu shall be
registered in Tamil Nadu only at the following offices :
Sub-Registrarís office under its jurisdiction, the property situates
(or)In the District Registrarís office of that
done out side from the State is null and void.
If you don't
know the jurisdiction of registration offices please
ascertain is from the site by provided the street name or
village name or village name at Field offices detail.
NEEDED FOR REGISTRATION.
stamped signed and Executed document
- By Notification issued in the Tamilnadu
Government Gazette No.6 dated 14.2.2001, under Part
II Section 2, the Registration Act, Amendment No.28/2000
has been notified:
It requires the claimant of the Sale Document also to
sign in the sale deed and also appear before the
registering officer for registration of the sale deed.
- Patta Transfer application with court fee of Rs.7/- duly
filled and signed
- Form 60/61 Statement in case PAN Number not provided in
the document , if the value of the property exceeds
- Required registration fees, computer fees,
sub-division fees etc.,
Receipts shall be given by the Registering officer for
all amounts received
- Patta Pass Book/10(1) Statement received from Tashildar through computer - for agricultural property in Notified 9 Districts.
- ID card for executant and claimant (for all deeds)
- ID card for witnesses(for power deed only)
Return of documents :
Same day and workload is heavy then within 3 days
- If land or building inspection for arriving at the market value of the property is to be carried out.
- Want of required certificates from the parties.
- Non-payment of required duty or fee.
- Want of clarification on the nature of documents.
- However, in such case also the authorities cannot withhold the registration or return for undue reasons. They have been instructed to finalise the issue within a reasonable time.
- If heavy registration, then within 3 days.
- Value not available in the Guideline register for that survey number.
- Conversion of agricultural land into house site.
- Sale of agricultural lands below 20 cents.
- House site suspected and the document bears agricultural value.
- Sub Registrar will fix the value after inspection.
When value of the building as stated by the parties exceeds Rs.50,000/-(in case of Village),
When value of the building as stated by the parties exceeds Rs.2,00,000/-(in case of Town Panchayat, Municipality and Corporation),
The Sub-Registrars will inspect the building and asses the
value. If any difference in value is found out, the
differential duty and a compounding fees will be collected.
If not prepared for compounding, criminal prosecution
will be instiated. Suppressions of building details
in order to evade payment of Stamp Duty may
- Anybody can apply for, pay the required fee and produce
stamp paper and get certified copy of documents
registered like Sale, Exchange, Mortgage etc.
- Copy of Will registered can be obtained only by the
- After his demise, anybody can get copy.
- Copy of Power of Attorney document registered can be given only to the parties to the document or intended Purchaser.
- Certified copy will be given on the 3rd day from the day of presentation of stamp paper for the period which is not computerised. For computerized period it will be given on the day itself. It can be applied online and it will be sent by VPP or can be got in person.
Fee for 1st year
every addl. year
REGISTRATION OF WILL:
Wills can be registered in any registration office. No
time limit for presentation to register
No stamps required. Fees 1% of the value up to a maximum of
DEPOSIT OF WILLS:
Wills can be kept in a sealed cover and deposited with
the District Registrar for safe custody.
Person authorised may after the decease of the testator
apply for opening the will and get it registered.
REGISTRATION AT PRIVATE RESIDENCE:
or after office hours
in the jail
exempted from appearance in public place, Court etc.,
exempted from appearance in public place by convention
Fees: Rs. 200/- plus T.A. as under
Maximum (Per KM)
conveyance provided by the party, no TA is levied.
On application in special urgency
Fees: Rs. 200/-
Executant refuses to appear for admission of execution of
Enquiry will be conducted and if the executant admits the
execution the registering officer will register the document
otherwise, the registration will be refused
Against this refusal order, an appeal may be preferred
within 30days to the District Registrar, who will pass final